Monday, December 2, 2013

Home Skooling

Monday's Meaningful Minute


DIFGTBAF!  So for today's home schooling activity we are working on fine motor skills with my 3 year old.  I print pages from offline at least 2-3 days a week with him in addition to his art class he takes and gymnastics.

The wife and I decided to homeschool our son since the pre-school our daughter attended decided he was too young for the older group (they do a morning and afternoon split) class because of his birthday falling in February.  With the class being a co-op program, we were able to see first hand that he was more than capable of being with the 'older' kids and didn't want to slow his development so we decided to home school.  It's great because it's no stress, no forced work and it is great bonding time.  Most children want to make their parents happy and tend to excel in whatever you show interest in.  So far, both of our children have a joy for learning that we sincerely hope to kindle and watch grow.

Back to the fine motor skills.  So I printed out the sheets from kids learning station which is my site of preference.  One of the things that I do to get more out of sheets like these are to have him use different color crayons to trace multiple lines to get more practice per sheet.  It also helps to reinforce his colors and afterwards we can count how many lines.  We completed two worksheets and he ran to go show his mommy his work and take a break before completing the other two.

Times like these are priceless to me!  After we worked on the first two sheets he came a gave me a big hug and told me he loved me before running off to show his mommy.  So for a meaningful minute today, take some time with your children.  Each minute that passes is another one you will never get back.

 DIFGTBAF

No comments:

Post a Comment